Festivaalitori – concert arena
KOTKAN MERIPÄIVÄT / FESTIVAALITORI
Gates open thu 7pm to 12am, fri 4pm to 1am, sat 3pm to 1am
THU (no age limit)
20.30 Cyan Kicks
22.00 The Rasmus
18.30 Vesterinen Yhtyeineen
20.15 The Baseballs (DE)
22.00 Neljä Ruusua
16.00 Andy McCoy
17.30 Jonne Aaron
22.00 Portion Boys
Organized by RH Enterntainment Oy
Children’s Maritime Festival
Children’s Maritime Festival (Lasten Meripäivät) is located at Yhteisötalo Messi, Kirkkokatu 22 and on Saturday also at Kotka-lava. Children’s Maritime Festival is full of activities, performances, workshops (guidance possible in English) and fun! Oh and let’s not forget our cuddly new mascot, he sure would love to meet you all!
All this for free!
A big part of the program is language friendly, like some of the workshops*, family disco and on-site activities such playing with hobbyhorses or miniature electric cars.
Wednesday 3pm to 5pm (Yhteisötalo Messi)
Thursday 10am to 6pm (Yhteisötalo Messi)
Friday 10am to 6pm (Yhteisötalo Messi)
Saturday 10 am to 6pm (Yhteisötalo Messi) & 11am to 3:45pm (Kotka-lava)
In addition: Lullaby installation at Kotka main library’s second floor. Lullabies in 33 different languages – an art experience for all ages. Open according to the library’s opening hours.
Check the detailed program here (in Finnish)
*Some of the workshops require a pre-registration due to limited vacancy. Pre-registration can be done at the Children’s Maritime Festival info desk at the yard. Please note that children under the age of 9 can only attend workshops with a grown-up.
Sibeliuksenpuisto – restaurant area
Feeling hungry or a bit thirsty? Head to Sibeliuksenpuisto where our festival restaurants are happy serve you!
Ravintola Haili – Restaurant that has a long history with Meripäivät and is now making a comeback thanks to the retro-theme! Come listen to music and sing some karaoke.
Steam Pub – Local beer from Kotka Steam Brewery and lots of other refreshments. The unique Meripäivät-beer is served here!
The Bankin Meripäiväterassi – Authentic festival atmosphere with local dj’s.
Lumina Productions Fireshow at Sibeliuksenpuisto on Saturday at 11pm.
Kotka-lava – music stage
Kotka-lava is located in front of The Kotka City Theatre. At Kotka-lava you can enjoy lots of different performances like dance, music, theater and sparkling wine yoga. On Saturday Children’s Maritime Festival is taking over from 11am to 3:45pm.
Restaurant Edu & Allu will host you with once again with great service at Kotka-lava! Edu & Allu will have refreshing drinks for the thirsty and tasty food for the hungry – and let’s not forget the guaranteed amazing atmosphere!
Please check the detailed program here (in Finnish)
Kotka-lava is sponsored by Kotkan Energia.
Yleisessä Saunassa concerts
Yleisessä Saunassa concerts are back! These Concerts are a traditional part of Kotkan Meripäivät where each year, the late Junnu Vainio’s songs are performed by some of the greatest Finnish performers. This summer, the stars of the show are Ilta, Konsta Hietanen and Mikko Alatalo.
Concerts are held at The Kotka City Theatre (Keskuskatu 15, 48100 Kotka) on Thursday 28.7. at 8pm and on Friday at 1pm and 5pm. The duration of the concert with breaks is about 2.5 hours. Restaurant services area available during the interval.
The Band: Kalle Torniainen, Lenni-Kalle Taipale, Ako Kiiski, Peter Engberg and Petri Ikkelä.
The Host: Otto Kanerva.
Meripäivät is known for the big & colourful market full of tasty dishes to enjoy with friends, little sweets for the sweet tooths, arts & crafts to take home to or buy as souvenirs and of course the special market athmosphere. This year the market booths are located at Keskuskatu (from Sibeliuksenpuisto to market square), Kirkkokatu (next to Pasaati) and Ruotsinsalmenkatu (from Pasaati to Sapokka).
Tivoli Seiterä – Let loose by jumping to the fun rides of Tivoli Seiterä! Open according to the event.
Baltic Sea village at Meripäivät (article in Finnish) – The themes of the village are biodiversity and littering. Come take part in workshops annd crafts or to learn more about sustainable and safe boating.
Archipelago market – Four different archipelago associations are selling arts and crafts and some food and drinks.
Bungee jumping – If you want to feel the adrenaline, come and try bungee jumping!
Throughout the event:
- Visiting ships at Kantasatama 27.-30.7.
- Hyvää Tuulta! Kotka Maritime Festival 60 years -photo exhibition 31.5.-26.8.2022, Ruuma (Tornatorintie 99) and Kotka main library
- Meripäiväjazzit – Kotka Jazz ry, 29.-30.7.
- The Day Events Meripäivät – K18, 29.-30.7. at Meriniemi
- Siunauksena Satamaperkele – audiovisual exhibition, 25.-31.7. from 12pm to 8pm, Kotkan klubitalo
- Opening parade from Kymenlaaksonkatu to Papinkatu, starting at 6pm
- Opening ceremony at Festivaalitori, Kotkan kauppatori, starting at 7pm
- The 18th annual Meripäiväjuoksu (Maritime Festival Run), starting at 1pm, Puistotie 9-11
- Mural party, starting at 5pm, Ruotsinsalmenkatu 13
- Boat procession of the Kotka Yacht Club and local boat clubs, starting at 6pm from Sapokka.
- Basketball tournament (Meripäiväkoris), starting at 9am, Opintie 2
- Vellamon kierros – sailing competition by Kotka Yacht Club, starting at 11am, Sapokka
- Fiskariajot by Kotka Yacht Club, starting at 12pm, Sapokka
- Wrestling (Meripäiväpainit), starting at 12am, Opintie 2
- Clown Diving by Jerobeam Salakyttä Team, starting at 4pm, Kotkan uimala Katariina. Tickets 12€/18€
- Lumina Productions Fireshow, starting 11pm, Sibeliuksenpuisto
We reserve the right to make changes.